- As Black and Brown Mental Health and Diversity Equity and Inclusion experts, we often receive requests to participate in engagements and provide our expertise within institutions of learning, not for profit organizations, churches and private institutions.
- After over a decade of doing this work on a case by case basis, we decided to pool our collective skills and talents, refine our skill set, market our services collectively as opposed to individually, and create The Black Speakers Institute.
- We pride ourselves on the fact that most of our speakers have both lived Black and Brown experiences and solid and significant higher education.
- We also partner with speakers who hold expertise on race and racism and demonstrate lived experience as white allies.
- We gain expertise from all of our speakers who hold a variety of professional roles including mental health providers, experts on race and racism, and Diversity Equity and Inclusion experts.
- We work collaboratively, creatively and enthusiastically in our process of meeting your organizational needs
- The Black Speakers Institute- find this division at TheBlackSpeakersInstitute.com
- Professional Speakers
- Workshops & Webinars
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion Expertise
- Our speakers are licensed mental health therapists, and /or Diversity Equity and Inclusion professionals.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion needs for Higher education organizations, Not for Profit organizations, Private Institutions
- Not for profit organizations: Increasing staff and providers understanding of race and racism and the impact of clients and staff
- Self Care, wellness and mental health across organizations
- Holistic Mental Health Care
- Maternal Mental Health Care
- Mental health topics like Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, Personality Disorder and other mental health concerns
- Specialty events and topics based on your organizations needs
- Navigating Supervision Across Race and Culture
- Maternal Mental Health for BIPOC
- Holistic Wellness and creating BIPOC healing spaces
- Grief and Loss training for providers
- The S on my chest- Black Women and Superhero Syndrome
- Parenting Adolescents of Color
- We can plan the workshop you need!
Are your speakers qualified to speak and host workshops?
- Yes, our speakers are masters and Ph.D. educated professionals with professional experience in their chosen fields. Besides their education and professional experience, they bring their personal experience as members of the BIPOC community. This wealth of personal and professional experience and education, coupled with their unique approach and enthusiasm for the covered topic results in a dynamic, interesting, educational experience for attendees.
Do you charge a single hourly rate or do rates vary?
- Our rates vary based on multiple factors: the experience of the facilitator, example- someone who has done this work for 15 years charges less than someone who has done it for 3 years, the education level of the speaker, whether the workshop has already been developed or is being developed and tailored specifically for your organization.
What types of organizations do you provide speakers for?
We are open to providing services to all organizations. Our speakers have provided speakers and facilitated workshops with:
- Columbia University School of Social Work
- Lehman College - CUNY
- MPG Consulting
- The Tommy Foundation, NYC
- Therapy Wine Bar, Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, NY
- Westchester Jewish Community Services
- The Jewish Board
- NY- ATSA
- PS 240, Godwin Academy
- And more...
I am interested and would like to get the plan started, how do I proceed?
Check us out at The Black Speakers Institute at TheBlackSpeakersInstitute.com
Email us at [email protected]
To schedule a time to speak about the needs of your organization please email me at [email protected]