Links and Resources
Reduced cost therapy
- The Loveland Foundation Therapy Fund- you apply, you receive generally 4 vouchers to start, have a free consultation with one of our therapists and the rest is …
- Charlyne McFarland therapy scholarship- you apply and receive a pretty quick response from them. Have your consultation with us and then provide them with our practice information which the consultant can give you.
- TherapistsForBlackGirls.com and TherapistsForBlackMales.com (us- our rates start at $50- have a free consultation and learn more).
- Black Men Heal- I haven't worked with them yet, but appreciate that they are offering 8 free therapy sessions to begin
- And more- we have partnered with the ones I mention above, but here is a comprehensive listing from the I DONT MIND online journal.
Emergency Mental Health Services
National Suicide Crisis Hotline: 800-273‑TALK (8255)
National Youth Crisis Hotline: 800-442-HOPE (4673)
Trans Lifeline: 877-565‑8860
The Trevor Project (Youth 13-24): 800-246‑7743
Crisis Text Line: Text GO to 741741
Mobile Crisis Team (NYC) (copy and paste and go or call 311 and ask for a mobile crisis team) https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/health/health-topics/crisis-emergency-services-mobile-crisis-teams.page
Medical and Mental Health Care- Urgent or Routine
Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC) in NYC provides free or low cost care to anyone residing in NYC whether you have insurance or not, whether you are legally in the US or not. They also help people get low cost insurance.
Call for an appointment